The mission of Barrett Foundation is to provide housing and supportive services to women and children who are striving to break the cycle of homelessness.
Who We Serve
Every day, homeless women and children turn to us for help. Most of them are here because of poverty and have sought temporary housing with family, in apartments, in motels, and in their cars. Other causes of homelessness include personal tragedy, trauma, mental illness, and substance abuse. Today’s economy, particularly housing foreclosures, has had large effect on women and their children.
The International Night of Passion
February 14, 2015
Come celebrate Valentine’s Day with an international flair! We will hold our First Annual International Night of Passion, presented by the Barrett Foundation on February 14, 2015 at the historic Hotel Albuquerque. This premiere Valentine’s Day event will include themed entertainment, as well as the chance to sample appetizers and drinks from three different countries- Japan, France and Spain. In addition to sampling the ambiance and tastes of these international destinations- a gourmet dinner, dance, live music and entertainment, raffle and a silent auction stocked with unique items from each of the countries will surely make for a Valentine’s night to remember!
This event will feature our exclusive Sweetheart Getaway Raffle! Only 500 tickets will be sold at $50 each and will enter the purchaser in a raffle to win one of six getaway packages for you and your sweetheart! All packages include two night hotel accommodations for two, a dinner for two, and one local attraction. You need not be present to win and the proceeds will benefit the Barrett Foundation. This year’s packages feature the following exciting getaways:
o Disneyland Vacation
- Includes standard airfare for two individuals.
- 2 night stay at Embassy Suites in Downey, CA
- 4 one-day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper tickets. Admission to both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.
- Dinner at the Bonefish Grill.
- This package does not include ground transportation.
o Balloon Ride Package
- 2 night stay at Hotel Albuquerque.
- Wine dinner for two at Vernons Hidden Valley Steakhouse.
- Balloon ride for two.
o Taos Package
- 2 nights stay at the Palacio de Marquesa.
- Steak dinner for two at Martyrs Steakhouse.
- Attraction TBD
o Santa Fe Package
- 2 night stay at St. Frances Hotel.
- Dinner for two at Tabla de los Santos.
- Attraction TBD
o Durango Package **Specific to the dates of 4/24/15 through 4/26/15**
- 2 night stay in private one bedroom condo at Durango Mountain Resort
- 2 train tickets for the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gage Railroad
- Dinner for two TBD
o Mystery Package
The Menu for this event is exquisite!! Take a look below…...
|International Night of Passion Cultural Menu|
Cocktail Reception Menu
French Flag in Heart Shape
French Cheese Display
French Champagne & Wine Tasting
Japan Flag in Heart Shape
Sake Tasting Booth
Spanish Flag in Heart Shape
|Gourmet Dinner MenuSpanish Flag in Heart Shape
Mixed Baby Greens
Saffron Chorizo Vinaigrette
French Flag iin Heart Shape
8oz. Filet Mignon, Truffle Demi
French Green Beans, French Rolls
Vegetarian Main Entree Substitute
Japan in Heart Shape
Green Tea Mousse, Sesame Seed Brittle
Served in a Martini Glass
Don’t Miss this Exciting Event!!